warcraft

Covenant-WoW

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: playerbot &Ahbot !!  (Read 15011 times)

Anonymous

• View Profile
playerbot &Ahbot !!
« on: February 03, 2014, 11:49:54 pm »

Well as we all know the population is a bit low so to fix this we add Ah And player bots and they actually exist and can be easily added

this bots will help  players level ,farm and have some fun

Tufs

• View Profile
Re: playerbot &Ahbot !!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 07:14:04 pm »

There used to be an AH bot on rising sun, don't know why its been disabled now :(

madmax

• Senior Game Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 12:42:48 pm »

Hey,

We disabled the Ah bot as they were causing the realms to lock up. I will look at fine tuning the settings again and see if we can get them turned back on. Right now the bot is not very stable.

Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 06:24:30 pm »

Quote from: "madmax"
Hey,

We disabled the Ah bot as they were causing the realms to lock up. I will look at fine tuning the settings again and see if we can get them turned back on. Right now the bot is not very stable.

Hello , thanks for replaying and we hope if you can add a active gm please as the gm's really help increasing the population :)

Unkle Nuke

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 09:20:54 am »

Not sure if this counts as necro-posting, given the low user count. I beg your pardon if it is.

Unfortunately, there's not a lot you can do about the Playerbot lag, aside from tweaking the database settings to gain some speed. Limiting players to using no more than two or three bots is the only way to get significantly better performance. Ideally, Playerbot should be run on a separate machine as the AI for each bot can use a lot of system resources, but blueboy has never bothered to create it as a standalone module.

Back when cyberium was developing this version of AHBot, the biggest issue was database lag. Typically, you'd run into this whenever the bot would refresh after each auction cycle. The higher your item count in the AHBot settings, the worse the lag would become.

Back when I had my private server, I found that keeping the number of items stocked by the bot below five-thousand worked well. If you only have a handful of players per server, you may wish to reduce this to two-thousand or less. Also, you can change the SQL DB config to use MyISAM instead of InnoDB for the AHBot database. MyISAM is optimized for speed, where InnoDB includes extra safety checks to preserve data integrity which isn't necessarily that critical for AHBot items.

There are alternative SQL database engines available, such as Falcon, which claim to have much greater I/O speed than the standard engines provided by MySQL.

You might want to look at the MaNGOS forum archives, where there is a very well-written thread on database optimization. There's a large number of ways to tweak your settings to increase performance.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 09:25:27 am by Guest »
World domination through gnomerical superiority!

Aenra

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 02:55:28 am »

gnomes, how do they function..

necroing aside, very nice post this last one..would not mind seeing something like that come to be :)

Aelon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2016, 05:11:13 pm »

I checked Auction House in Shifting Moon realm, there are quite a lot of auctions there which I believe it is because of an Auction House Bot.

If so, could you also put "rods" that enchanters use for enchanting and disenchanting.

Silver Rod
Bronze Rod
Iron Rod
Mithril Rod
Thorium Rod etc..

Because they are crafted by blacksmiths and in-game shops only sell Copper Rods.

Putting these kinds of specific profession items might make levelling professions more fun. Otherwise I will have to roll another char and make him a blacksmith :)

madmax

• Senior Game Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2016, 12:02:39 am »

Quote from: "Aelon"
I checked Auction House in Shifting Moon realm, there are quite a lot of auctions there which I believe it is because of an Auction House Bot.

If so, could you also put "rods" that enchanters use for enchanting and disenchanting.

Silver Rod
Bronze Rod
Iron Rod
Mithril Rod
Thorium Rod etc..

Because they are crafted by blacksmiths and in-game shops only sell Copper Rods.

Putting these kinds of specific profession items might make levelling professions more fun. Otherwise I will have to roll another char and make him a blacksmith :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 9 access attempts in the last 7 days.